Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Halloween! +pics...

Hello, my friend! 

Happy Halloween! I'm so happy you're here with me today. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. When I was little, my parents used to go all out for Halloween, and that excitement has stuck with me through the years.

What are your plans for Halloween this year? 

I mentioned last week that I would be dressing up and participating in a virtual Halloween Party, hosted by my lovely friend, David Voyles, and his wife. It was so much fun! David and his wife have been hosting themed Halloween parties since the late 70's. During the party, they showed pictures from their previous parties and told us who was who, some of which were participating in the virtual party as well. We also got to watch a couple of very short horror films. I dressed up as Little DEAD Riding Hood. I read a poem that I wrote that went along with the costume, which was super fun. The whole experience was great. Especially with COVID-19, this was a great way to enjoy the Halloween festivities, while still being safe. 

If you missed the event, and want to check it out, just click here to see the recording of it.

I've also decided to give you a treat (ha ha!) and have included pictures of my costume as well as a snippet of me reading my poem.

Here's a closeup of my makeup, applied by my lovely daughter. She tried to make me look more "dead".

Don't worry! I'm not actually dead. And, no, I'm not wearing contacts—although that would be really cool! The white eyes is just a mark up on the photo afterwards. But, I think it came out pretty neat.


Here's the snippet of me reading my poem about Little DEAD Riding Hood. Enjoy! :)


When I first decided on my costume, back in JULY, I thought to myself, "It would be so cool if I could write a short story to go along with this costume." But then days turned into weeks, weeks into months, and before I knew it, the party was almost here. I was feeling kind of bummed about it, but figured there just wasn't time to put anything together by then. A couple days before the party (it actually might have only been the day before—it's such a blur, I can't quite recall) I asked my Spirt Guides to help me. I told them I wanted to be an active participant in the party and wanted to contribute something of my own, but that I was stuck. Next thing I know, this stuff starts pouring out. 

Now, you should know that poetry and I don't typically get along. On my own, I hardly ever write poetry. It's always felt awkward to me. But this time, it was coming out faster than I could write it down. There was no hesitation, no looking for words that would go together/rhyme. It just...happened. I showed it to a few trusted people and got wonderful feedback. So, I was ready to go! Thank you, Spirit!

Just another example of how willing Spirit is to be helpful - all ya gotta do is ask them.

I encourage you to give it a try. Then, come tell me how it worked out. I can't wait to hear about it.

I hope you found this entertaining and helpful. Light and love to you and yours, my friend!

I look forward to hearing from you soon, either on this post, on Instagram, or on Twitter. 

As always, Namaste
💖

Alain Davis
@HopelessOptimst 

P.S. - If you're looking for something spooky to occupy your Halloween, I have two audiobook recommendations. Turn down the lights, grab some popcorn and candy, and settle in for some spooky stories! 

Haunted: True Tales of the Paranormal - "Ghost" stories, told by the people who experienced them (I have one in here, too!)

Witch-Works - Fictional story, audiobook set to dark ambient music; start with Witch-Works, Episode 1: The Witch-Works

4 comments:

  1. You are always adorable Alain. You did a great job with the poem and costume and you're doing what you love. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Being able to participate in the virtual Halloween event was truly a blessing. I'm happy you're enjoying the content of my blog! Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. What a great way to celebrate Halloween. So creative! I love the makeup, the costume, and of course the story told in poetic form. Super!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for inviting me to your party, it was a night to remember!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing your thoughts on these topics.