Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Welcome!

Hi! 
Hello. 
My name is Alain Davis. 
And I’m Spirit Sensitive.

*waves*

It’s been a long time in development, but I’m so excited (and, okay, nervous) to finally introduce myself! 

What I'd like is for my blog post to become is a place where:
    * I can teach others what I have learned so far about mediumship development.
    * Others can share with me (and others) what they have learned about their journey so far. 
    * In time, this can become a collaborative space, where discussions can be had, and exchanges of information can be made.

Here's what it boils down to. I *know* that my path is to teach. But I also know that I have much to learn myself. So, while I will be creating posts, based upon my experiences and what I've learned (sharing resources that have been helpful to me, etc), I know that there will be people I have yet to meet that have so much to teach me. I can't wait to see how this path unfolds!  

I made a promise to myself, and to spirit, to continue developing my mediumship. When I did that, I very clearly saw this blog post. It unfolded, almost like a series of diary entries. To exist so that other people can see what it's like to actually walk down that path. That it takes time and work and attention. And that even when we intend to, we forget "the basics". That there are little ah-ha moments, and big ones. And that sometimes, we feel like we are making NO progress at all. But we keep pushing forward and then when we look back, we realize we have come leaps and bounds. That we are all just spirit, having a human experience. 

So...Like I said, I will be documenting my current path, my actual moving forward development. Because, let's face it. I'm not done. Not fully cooked. Not out there giving readings like Kim Russo or or Theresa Caputo or Chip Coffey. But here's the thing - that's my point. They all went through a process, too. We don't get to hear about that stuff. Only once they've "arrived", or gotten to a point where they feel they are in greater command of their abilities does anyone ever hear how they managed them. 

Well, for reasons I have yet to fully understand, I am supposed to share this journey as it unfolds.

In doing so, that will also entail getting you up to speed. So, some of my posts will include topics that I have already gotten a handle on, or stories about when I was growing up, or resources that have been incredibly helpful to me or messages I've received from Spirit. Probably other stuff. I don't know, yet. 

In my next posts, we'll start digging in to things like, why I prefer the term Spirit Sensitive over Psychic or Medium; what I mean when I say some people see spirits "out loud". We'll talk about the Clairs and how they are integral to development, and which ones are my naturally strongest.

The bottom line is this - I have been Spirit Sensitive all my life. For as long as I can remember. But I only started accepting, developing and getting a handle on it in...oh, probably the last 5-7 years. I'm 40. That's a long-ass time to been in denial, right? 

The reason I was in denial, was because my abilities didn't appear the same way you see on TV or in movies. So, I figured, Nope, I'm not a "medium". I'm not a "psychic". Nope, I must just have a sleep disorder (spirits used to bother me A LOT at night). And other than that, I'm just a VERY imaginative person. It's not the media's fault. It's hard enough to portray their point on a 2D screen something to encompass our basic 5 senses. It's incredibly limiting to expect them to be able to accurately express the 6th sense on film. I will say it has gotten better in recent years. Probably as a combination of people being more open about the differences in their own abilities as well as advances in technology. 

I want to share with you how my abilities present. I want to share with you the differences in abilities. I want to assure you that everyone's abilities are different. Doesn't make mine right and yours wrong. Doesn't make yours better than mine. Everyone is unique. There's a reason for that. I want to do this so that you will come to accept yourself—your WHOLE self, spirit and purpose included—so that you can live the life you were meant to live.

You are not alone. I am not alone. 

I can't wait to dig into all this stuff.

I really do want this to become a collaborative space. That's why I have enabled comments on all of my posts. Please do comment, if you are so inspired. I promise to be responsive. 

Please be warned: My posts will be real. I have to be my authentic self. I can be quite the sweary bitch at times, so if that's your bag—stick around. If it's not, no worries! There are other places you are meant to be and I take no offense.

I will always treat you with respect and I expect the same.

Thank you so much for being here. I know there are lots and lots of places for you to get your information, some places that are much more polished and fancier than mine. I trust that this space will speak to the people it's meant to speak to.

Hopefully that's you? 

I can't wait to see how this unfolds!

Namaste,

Alain Davis

P.S. I appreciate your patience as I get used to this whole blogging thing! It's new to me! But, if you want to interact with me more directly, feel free to come follow me on Twitter @hopelessoptimst 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're sharing this journey with us. Most of this is so far out of my element, but I'm always happy to see you striving to build a community. Always here for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jimi! Your support means a lot. Being this open and vulnerable is definitely an interesting road. I can't way to share more.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing your thoughts on these topics.